Monday 17 November 2014

Making Crepes with 3 Milks


Today I felt like sharing a recipe because why not. My mom loves, she seriously loves crepes but not just any crepes, she loves my crepes, I'm telling you.
I remember being a kid, my mom would always take me to this burros and strangely crepes place, and we loved it. They weren't just any crepes like everyone does, with nutella or peanut butter or any other filling, they came with 3 milk, it was heaven.
After trying those crepes my mom and I really couldn't find anything with that delightfulness, until I figured out.
I saw a bunch of crepes recipes, and I told my mom about it and she was extremely excited, so I made them for her, and for me of course, and let me tell you, I wasn't planing on dressing them with that 3 milk stuff, but my mom was doing the groceries for the ingredients and she also came with the 3 milk thingy.
At first I wasn't sure, I thought it wasn't going to be the same, I did it anyway and well... My mom ask for them every weekend.

Enough with the talking or writing... It's time to cook!

With this recipe you will make aprox. 6 large crepes and 12 medium-small ones (probably more)

Ingredients:
For the crepes:

  • 1 cup of flour.
  • 1 1/4 cup of milk.
  • 2 eggs.
  • 2 tbs. of granulated sugar.
  • 2 tbs. of melted butter.
  • 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.

For the 3 milk:
  • Condensed milk.
  • Evaporated milk.
  • Heavy cream.

For the filling you can use nutella, caramel, fruit, anything you can think of you can put it on your crepe.

Instructions:

  1. Mix the flour and the sugar.
  2. Add in the eggs one at a time.
  3. Pour in the milk while whisking.
  4. Mix in the vanilla extract and melted butter.
  5. Let it rest in the fresh for 30 minutes. 





While your batter is resting, its time to mix the 3 milks!

  1. Use equal portions of your condensed, evaporated milk, and heavy cream. 
  2. Mix them with an electric mixer.
  3. You can add a tiny bit of vanilla, whatever your heart tells you to add. 
  4. Mix until everything is incorporated.


When your batter is good to go, just heat a pan and spray some oil or butter. Depending on the size of your pan, you add some batter and let it cook for 1 minute, then flip it and cook it for 20 more seconds.
A very important step in order to get good crepes its to pour the batter in the middle on the pan and move it around until it creates a skinny crepe. 


Finally, once your done cooking your crepes, you can fill them with anything you want.
I'm so basic that I adore mines with Nutella...





I highly recommend you to place your crepes on a low plate, so that way you can dressed them with lots of  milk.
My mom and I also love them with some crunchiness, like almonds and walnuts.




Next, you have to enjoy this marvellous crepes with your mom, dad, a friend or by yourself.
I'm getting hungry so I should stop writing this post.
Bye.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Design by | SweetElectric